Thursday, I went for a drive to the Golan height. However, I hadn't thought of the fact that it was New Year. This means that all Israelis go and visit their family, apparantly all by car. When I finally arrived in Golan (after a 4 1/2 hour drive), the park I wanted to visit was closed and the sun was beginnning to set.
Driving around in the mountains to find some nice views, I was suddenly stopped by a barricade and a hummer with some nice IDF soldiers asking me why I was driving to Lebanon.
The answer: 'I'm a tourist'..... did not make a big impression. They kindly suggested me to turn around and go play tourist somewhere else.
Driving back, I noticed this sign: DANGER MINES! Fortunately, there was a big fence between me and the mines. My route back lead me past the river Jordan. Next, I took some shots while driving.
The night ended together with Charlotte (a new American friend) on the Tel Aviv beach. When walking to the beach, we noticed that the restaurant we were heading for,
was located opposite to Mike's Place, a bar that got hit by a suicide bomber in 2003 killing three and wounding over 50 people.
No comments:
Post a Comment